Authors, do you need a fast and dependable editor? Opal Publishing believes in supporting authors in their writing endeavors with affordable editorial services.
Tone, Flow, Dialogue word choice, Tense, Point-of-view, Sentence structure, Clarity
per hour $50.00
per page $20.00 *
per word $0.07 *
Developmental / Substantive Editing:
All of the above (Thorough Edit, plus)...
Restructuring for presentation and organization of the content
per hour $75.00
per page $23.00 *
per word $0.08 *
Copyedit / Proofreading:
Basic: Spelling, Grammar, Punctuation
per hour $45.00
per page $11.00 *
per word $0.05 *
Copy editing and proofreading are essentially the final state of the editing processing. Proofreading consists of comparing the latest stage of the text/manuscript (often final proof pages) against the immediate preceding stage and marking the discrepancies within the text.
Proofreading includes any or all of the following:
- Checking proof pages against typesetting specifications.
- Checking proof pages for problems in page make-up, layout, color separation, type, etc.
- Checking proof pages against an editorial style sheet and/or manual for inconsistencies in style.
- Reading for typographical errors and/or sense without reading against the copy.
- Querying and/or correcting errors and inconsistencies that may have been missed by an editor and/or author.
Terms and Conditions for Manuscripts
A writing sample consisting of a one or two chapters of the manuscript is requested in order to help us determine the level of editing that is necessary.
A contract will be negotiated that is acceptable to both parties.
* Explanation of rates
Hourly rate is applied to small projects like query letters, or extra revisions over and above the project description.
- Page rate is applied to manuscripts less than 9000 words.
- Word rate is applied to manuscripts 30 pages and over (9000 words+).
Up to and including 600 words: $110 | comprehensive edit
600 words to a maximum of 2000 words: $320 | comprehensive edit
Terms and conditions for Articles
Word limit of 2000 words.
If you produce weekly or monthly blogs, save on one of our editing packages.
5 Blogs $200 or $40 each
15 Blogs $540 or $180 month for 3 months ($36 each)
30 Blogs $1020 or $170 month for 6 months ($34 each)
60 Blogs $1800 or $150 a month for a year ($30 each)
Terms and conditions for Blogs
Limit of 350 words per blog. Blogs exceeding the word count will be treated as an additional blog: (360-700 words = 2 blogs, 701-800 words = 3 blogs).
- Rush rates are 1.5 times the regular rate. Rush is defined as a project requiring completion within 1 business day.
We can also offer professional graphic design services.